Toll Free: 1-800-732-3070
Peter Kestner has extensive experience with truck accident cases, both as a private attorney and representative for trucking insurers. He is a co-founder of the law firm McEwen & Kestner. Prior to founding his law firm, Peter served for 10 years as a claims adjuster and litigation manager with one of the largest tractor trailer insurers in the U.S. Peter earned his B.S. from Skidmore College in 1989, and his J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law in 2001. Peter now uses this defense experience to represent individuals injured by the negligent acts of trucking companies. Peter has also served as personal counsel to policy holders in disputes with their insurers as well as serving as an expert witness in insurance litigation matters. He sits on the Executive Committee of AAJ’s Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, he is the Amicus Committee Chair for AAJ’s Interstate Trucking Litigation Group and its Special Project Director, he is on the board of directors of Minnesota Association for Justice and he also holds a CPCU professional designation in insurance.
- Special Projects Director, AAJ Trucking Litigation Group 2013-2014.
- Newsletter Editor, AAJ Trucking Litigation Group 2012-2013.
- Co-Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee, AAJ Trucking Litigation Group 2011-present.
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, AAJ Trucking Litigation Group 2013-2014.
- Minnesota Association for Justice Board of Directors 2012-present.
- Admitted to Bar, 2001, Minnesota and US District Court of Minnesota
- Appeared Pro-Hac Vice in Trucking Cases in the following jurisdictions: District of Colorado, Western District of Kentucky, Wyoming State Court, New York State Court, Iowa State Court, Illinois State Court, Wisconsin State Court.
- Education: Skidmore College (B.S. 1989); William Mitchel College of Law (J.D. 2001)
Publications and Lectures
- Co-author: “Potential Source of Recovery in Commercial Trucking Case” The Advocate, Vol. 41 #5 (Kentucky Justice Association Sept./Oct 2013)
- Author- “Broker Liability for Negligent Selection of an Independent Contractor”, Minnesota Trial, Volume 37, No. 4 (Minnesota Association for Justice Fall 2012).
- Author- “Broker Liability for Negligent Selection of an Independent Contractor”, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Newsletter (Fall 2012)
- Author- “The MCS-90 Endorsement: No Coverage? No Problem, Minnesota Trial (Minnesota Association for Justice Summer 2008)
- Author- “Trucking Insurance Chapter” Truck Accident Litigation, 3rd Edition, (American Bar Association 2012)
- Speaker- “Debunking the Broker Defense” Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Broker Shipper Liability Seminar, October 2013
- Speaker- “Debunking the Broker Defense” Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Broker Shipper Liability Seminar, June 2013
- Speaker- “Finding all Defendants in Wrongful Death Trucking Cases” Minnesota Association for Justice Wrongful Death Seminar, May 2013
- Speaker- “Technology in Trucking Cases” New Jersey Boardwalk Seminar, April 2013
- Speaker- ” Insurance Company Rules” 360 Advocacy Group, Trucking Litigation Seminar, May 2012
- Speaker- ” Insurance Company Rules” Kentucky Justice Association, Trucking Litigation Seminar, June 2012
- Speaker- ” Insurance Company Rules” Tennessee Justice Association, Trucking Litigation Seminar, March 2012
- Speaker- “Maximizing Your Recovery: Finding Insurance Coverage, Minnesota Association for Justice Successfully Litigating the Commercial Truck Case, November 2010
- Speaker- “Insurance Company Rules: Strategies for Maximizing Recovery- IPITLA Seminar, September 2009
- Speaker- “Defense of Trucking Cases, Why Commercial Motor Vehicle Cases are Different, May 2007
Inver Grove Heights,
Phone: (651) 224–3833